Although a taxpayer still has to register for income tax he/she may choose not to submit a return for the year of assessment if the following conditions are met:
- Where the gross income consists solely of remuneration and:
- It does not exceed R250 000
- Is paid or payable form one single source (e.g. one employer)
- Is for a full year of assessment (i.e. all 12 months)
- No car allowance, the right of use of a company car fringe benefit or any other form of income (e.g. interest or rental income) was received and
- Employees’ Tax (i.e. PAYE) has been deducted or withheld.
- Where the gross income consists solely of interest income from a source in the Republic and it:
- Does not exceed R23 800 for persons younger than 65 years or R34 500 for persons 65 years and older.
- The individual is a non-resident and the dividends received from a source outside the Republic.
Contact us and we will help you to determine if you qualify for the exemption